Ages 15-21 years – The Gonads: the awakening of heaven and earth.The spirit of the new earth (grounding the conscious connection of the human and the Being).
- The time of searching and finding my own way, figuring out conscious independence: rebellion is liberating.
- Exploring contrast and learning to honor limitations while questioning rules and regulations.
- I am not what everybody says and thinks I am.
- Exploring the depth of feeling, concerns about body image. Loving myself just as I am, making peace with who I am, and learning to understand and accept others as they are.
- Life is so full and crowded: school, homework, social activities, working in a job, participating in sports. There is little time to ponder and find space to know myself.
- Defining what I like and don’t care for, dealing with the pressure to conform to the mould of society, to be the ideal student. What do I want to be? Am I good enough?
- The compulsion to choose a direction of career while needing to fit in and belong.
- Desiring more understanding about how things really are and how they really work.
- The longing for relationship and intimacy
- Working with the compulsion to provide leadership and the pressure of being “responsible”: maintaining and driving a car, keeping up acceptable school grades in subjects I could care less about, choosing a college, serving in the military
- Developing relationships, friendships that will last a lifetime and exploring the depths of intimacy with the opposite sex, managing raging hormones
- The time of individuality, feeling good about me, what life has given me with the seeming limitations. Seeking assistance with my limitations (the guru phase) while empowering and expanding my inherent gifts and talents.
- Leaving home, the foundation and support I’ve had from the beginning, heading out and deciding which direction my life will take, wanting to be a part of something that is personally meaningful
- Being okay with the people of authority that have governed my life that say “we have taught you all we can, now go out and make something of yourself.”
- Acknowledging and committing my life force to something higher.